It’s Thursday, which means it’s GFN Thursday — when GeForce NOW members can learn what new games and updates are streaming from the cloud.
This GFN Thursday, we’re checking in on one of our favorite gaming franchises, the Stronghold series from Firefly Studios. We’re also sharing some sales Firefly is running on the Stronghold franchise. And of course, we have more games joining the GeForce NOW library.
Fortify Your Castle
The Stronghold series focuses on “castle sim” gameplay, challenging players to become the lord of their kingdom. Your goal is to build a stable economy and raise a strong military to defend against invaders, destroy enemy castles and accomplish your mission objectives.
Firefly’s latest entry in the series, Stronghold: Warlords, expands on the formula by granting options to recruit, upgrade and command AI-controlled warlords that increase your influence and give you more options in each battlefield.
As you answer threats from Great Khans, Imperial warlords and Shōgun commanders, you’ll lead your forces to victory and defend against massive sieges. It wouldn’t be a Stronghold game if you didn’t watch the great hordes of your enemies collapse as they crash against your defenses.
Stronghold: Warlords joined the GeForce NOW library at the game’s release on March 9, and members can muster their forces across nearly all of their devices, even low-powered rigs or Macs.
“Rather than porting to new platforms, we love that GeForce NOW can stream the real PC version to players regardless of their system,” said Nicholas Tannahill, marketing director at Firefly Studios. “We can focus on improving one build, whilst our players can take their kingdoms with them.”
A Kingdom for the Ages
Firefly only released Stronghold: Warlords a month ago, but has robust plans for content updates for players.
Those plans include a free update on April 13 that adds a new AI character, Sun Tzu, plus AI invasions in Free Build mode, and a new Free Build map. This update is just the beginning for how Firefly will continue giving gamers new challenges to master as they grow their kingdom.
To celebrate our work with Firefly to bring the Stronghold franchise to GeForce NOW, the studio’s games are currently on sale on Steam. Members can find more info on the Firefly games streaming from the cloud, and their current Steam discounts, below.
Let’s Play Today
Of course, GFN Thursday has even more games in store for members. In addition to the rest of the Stronghold franchise, members can look for the following games to join our library:
- Aron’s Adventure (day-and-date release on Steam, April 7)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (day-and-date release on Steam, April 9)
- EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN (Steam)
- Spintires (Steam)
- Stronghold Crusader HD (80 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- Stronghold 2: Steam Edition (60 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- Stronghold HD (70 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- Stronghold Crusader 2 (90 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- Stronghold Crusader 2 DLC – (20-50 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- Stronghold 3 Gold (70 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- Stronghold Kingdoms (free-to-play on Steam)
- Stronghold Kingdoms (Starter Pack) (70 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition (60 percent off on Steam for a limited time)
- UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r] (Steam)
Will you accept the challenge and build your kingdom in a Stronghold game this weekend? Let us know on Twitter or in the comments below.
The post Siege the Day as Stronghold Series Headlines GFN Thursday appeared first on The Official NVIDIA Blog.